On a warm day in Door County there are many ways to cool down and relax. There are beaches where you can spend the day in the sun and cool off in the lake. At High Point Inn we have an outdoor pool that is great for lounging and cooling off. There are also many parks with wonderful shaded hiking and biking trails. However, the best way to cool down (in my opinion) is with an ice cream cone and a sunset.
Once the sun starts to go down and the heavy heat of the day has passed it is the perfect time to head to your favorite ice cream shop and go for a nice stroll to the water to watch the sun set.
In Ephraim, Wilson’s is the ideal place to get your favorite flavor of ice cream and watch the sunset. Just across the street there are benches lined up along the shore. From here there is a great view of the harbor, and the bluffs create a beautiful contrast to the colors of the sunset.
There are many different locations to choose from, so you might have to leave a couple nights open for ice cream and sunsets! Join us at High Point Inn and we’d be happy to give some more suggestions.
When rain clouds drift over the peninsula it can put a damper on many of Door County’s favorite outdoor activities. However, there are also some positive aspects to the slightly dreary weather that sometimes finds us. Here are a few things to think about next time rain visits you in Door County.
1) One can shop guilt free (to a certain extent). While browsing the many shops there is no need to worry about missing the great outdoors.
2) There is now more time to visit Door County’s art galleries and museums.
3) Rain makes for a nice relaxing indoor atmosphere. High Point Inn’s hot tub and pool provide a nice place to relax while watching the weather outside.
4) After the rain clears the county will become even greener, the birds will begin to sing and everything will feel refreshed.
5) Once and a while the rain will also bring with it a rainbow or two. Spotting a rainbow over one of Door County’s beautiful landscapes never loses its charm.
Whether it is raining or the sun is shining Door County is a great place to visit, so come stay with us at High Point Inn (rain or shine!)
How do you enjoy a lazy Saturday in Door County? Here are some suggestions from Ephraim’s High Point Inn.
1) Start your morning out right and prepare a nice relaxing breakfast in your own suite with a full kitchen. Enjoy while taking in the scenery from your deck.
2) Take a short drive to one of our nearby state parks. Choose from: Peninsula State Park, Newport State Park, or Whitefish Dunes State Park where you can hike or bike your way around.
3) Stop in Ephraim at Leroy’s Water Street Coffee where you can refuel with your choice of a coffee or espresso drink and perhaps a small bakery snack while relaxing in the shade.
4) Head back to the resort for a nice dip in the pool and a soak in the hot tub.
5) After a quick snooze head down the street to Green Gables to explore their quaint Door County shops.
6) Now it’s time to enjoy dinner out at your favorite Door County restaurant.
7) One last thing to top off your relaxing Door County Saturday… head to Wilson’s for a scoop of your favorite ice cream and a take a stroll along the shoreline.
So come join us at High Point Inn for your next lazy Saturday!