Door County is the perfect place to celebrate a fresh new start in 2013. Although winter on the Peninsula can be quiet, there will be plenty of lively places to celebrate this coming week!
Enjoy a delectable dinner at one of Door County’s fine restaurants!
* The Log Den has their full menu plus some special extras (including live music from the Modern Day Drifters)
* The Waterfront in Sister Bay offers a beautiful view along with their gourmet New Years menu
* The Mission Grille , Alexander’s and The English Inn all offer fine dining for your celebrations!
There are even more options to be found at http://doorcounty.com .
You can also welcome in the New Year by taking place in Door County’s Polar Bear Plunge on New Year’s Day in Jacksonport!
If you just feel like cozying up to welcome in the New Years we can help! Here at High Point Inn we have full condo units that include a fully equipped kitchen, cozy fireplace in the living room and a relaxing whirlpool tub in the master bedrooms. There will also be an afternoon New Years Eve buffet and party favors that are included with your stay!
Give us a call at 1-800-595-6894 if you have any questions about the coming New Years Eve celebrations here in Door County!
Door County is a great place for both fun and relaxation. Here are a few ideas of how to enjoy a cool fall day on the Door Peninsula.
1) Start the day off right with a trip to one of the local coffee shops. There are great options in every town! In Ephraim there is Leroy’s, in Sister Bay there is Base Camp and Drink Coffee, in Baileys Harbor there is Espresso Lane and The Blue Horse in Fish Creek.
2) Go antiquing, finding hidden treasures in the fall is especially fun!
3) Take a hike or a bike ride through the state park of your choice. This is a good way to warm up and soak up the great autumn air.
4) Enjoy a nice relaxing sit down meal at one of the many great restaurants.
5) Take in a sunset to see the fall colors at their best. As the sun goes down you can see the trees in a different light, just make sure to bring an extra layer because once the sun has set it gets chilly!
6) Cozy up for the rest of the evening! At High Point Inn you can sit by the fireplace or take a nice soak in the hot tub.
No matter what you do make sure to enjoy all the beauties of autumn in Door County this year; the weather has made it amazing!
On a warm day in Door County there are many ways to cool down and relax. There are beaches where you can spend the day in the sun and cool off in the lake. At High Point Inn we have an outdoor pool that is great for lounging and cooling off. There are also many parks with wonderful shaded hiking and biking trails. However, the best way to cool down (in my opinion) is with an ice cream cone and a sunset.
Once the sun starts to go down and the heavy heat of the day has passed it is the perfect time to head to your favorite ice cream shop and go for a nice stroll to the water to watch the sun set.
In Ephraim, Wilson’s is the ideal place to get your favorite flavor of ice cream and watch the sunset. Just across the street there are benches lined up along the shore. From here there is a great view of the harbor, and the bluffs create a beautiful contrast to the colors of the sunset.
There are many different locations to choose from, so you might have to leave a couple nights open for ice cream and sunsets! Join us at High Point Inn and we’d be happy to give some more suggestions.
The summer season officially starts this coming weekend for all of Door County and Ephraim is kicking it off with a weekend long festival. Fyr Bal in Ephraim is a long time tradition; it is a celebration of the beginning of summer and there is a lot to do!
Ephraim will be busy with walking tours, music, arts and crafts and food tents on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Friday is a quieter day of the festival with walking tours and ending with a peaceful midsummer’s music festival by Hardy Gallery on Anderson Dock.
Saturday is full of events complete with a regatta presented by the Ephraim Yacht Club, a raffle, a cakewalk and food all day. The celebration carries on into the evening with a traditional fish boil and more music. Then at 8:30 the multiple bonfires lined up along the water are lit creating an impressive image. Finally to end the day fireworks are set off over the harbor at sunset.
Sunday the celebration will continue with more arts and crafts, music, food and a special visit from Bucky the Badger. The festival then winds down in the evening with a family sing-along at the village hall.
Come visit us in Ephraim at High Point Inn to celebrate the beginning of summer! The whole village will be full of excitement and fun!
How do you enjoy a lazy Saturday in Door County? Here are some suggestions from Ephraim’s High Point Inn.
1) Start your morning out right and prepare a nice relaxing breakfast in your own suite with a full kitchen. Enjoy while taking in the scenery from your deck.
2) Take a short drive to one of our nearby state parks. Choose from: Peninsula State Park, Newport State Park, or Whitefish Dunes State Park where you can hike or bike your way around.
3) Stop in Ephraim at Leroy’s Water Street Coffee where you can refuel with your choice of a coffee or espresso drink and perhaps a small bakery snack while relaxing in the shade.
4) Head back to the resort for a nice dip in the pool and a soak in the hot tub.
5) After a quick snooze head down the street to Green Gables to explore their quaint Door County shops.
6) Now it’s time to enjoy dinner out at your favorite Door County restaurant.
7) One last thing to top off your relaxing Door County Saturday… head to Wilson’s for a scoop of your favorite ice cream and a take a stroll along the shoreline.
So come join us at High Point Inn for your next lazy Saturday!