Stay 1 or 2 nights this weekend, save $25 each night and keep all the freebies!
Need a break from your routine? Door County awaits you!
High Point Inn General Manager, Missy LeBelle has an amazing deal on two nights this coming weekend:
Manager’s Special – This weekend only (Friday and Saturday, June 1 & 2)
Take $50.00 off your two-night stay and receive the following:
• Complimentary bottle of wine upon check-in
• Two passes for mini golf at the Red Putter
• Free DVD rentals for the weekend
Ready to book? Contact us now!
Call us Toll Free: 800-595-6894 or email email@example.com
On Saturday, May 26 our High Point Inn neighbor – Ephraim’s Fine Line Designs Gallery will open their 2012 season with a variety of work by 4 artists. There will be wine and snacks and lots of good company. Here is a description of the work from their website:
Paul Klein’s “sculptural lighting” features locally gathered wood, stone, and are topped with his own handmade paper shades. A Wisconsin native and self-taught artist, Klein believes that nature’s treasures – or “local exotics,” as he calls them – can be found everywhere, and he enjoys the spontaneity of finding objects in nature and incorporating them into one of his intricate pieces.
Mixed media artist Ed Lazzeroni uses metal as a canvas to create two- and three-dimensional artworks. An industrial designer before becoming an artist, Lazzeroni came to love and appreciate the malleability and reflectivity of metal – and began altering it in any way possible. He also works with acrylic paint and over time finds that his fascination with paint is identical to the one he feels with metal.
Working almost exclusively with acrylic paints after three decades of painting with watercolors, artist Richard Patt paints one of the “most precious realities” in his life, which is the Wisconsin landscape. He uses large, dramatic formats to convey his work – some of it almost photographic, but most ripe with the texture of the gritty, aging surfaces like stone or barnsides. Patt says he’ll use any method of painting that he needs to as long as the character of the rural landscape is felt or understood.
Oil painter Ken Bronikowski says he tries to be “very honest” in his art, concentrating on draftsmanship, edges, temperature, and color. He often works in a limited palette of four colors in his portrait and landscape work, allowing himself to remain aware of temperature changes in each piece. Many of his oil studies are painted alla prima – meaning on location, direct and without little preliminary sketching, and finished in one painting session.
Be there or be square! And before you head north, contact High Point Inn and make reservations to stay in our spacious and tastefully appointed suites! Call us Toll Free: 800-595-6894 or Local: 920-854-9773 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Overhead view of the Mink River and Peninsula Park's Sunset Trail bike path.
Create happy memories on your next Door County vacation and start by booking a suite at the High Point Inn. Then take Door County by storm with these suggestions from our staff:
• Hands-On Art Studio: Did you wish you had more time for art class when you were a kid? Relive those happy memories with your own children at Hands-On, located just down the road from Edgewood Orchard Gallery on Peninsula Players Road. Work in any media you desire including glass, ceramics, metals, hand-thrown pottery and more. This is a great way to spend an afternoon.
• Kayak the Mink River: Not far from the High Point Inn is the Mink River Estuary. The Mink River is one of the most pristine freshwater estuaries in the country (protected by the Nature Conservancy) and it is an amazing place to skim through the water on a sleepy morning taking in the wildlife that resides in the waters and surrounding sky. Let Door County Kayak be your guide call (920)854-9292 to make reservations.
• Bike Peninsula State Park – Start this adventure at Nor Door Sport & Cyclery where you can rent an appropriately sized bike for everyone in the family. Then head on over to the Fish Creek entrance to Peninsula State Park and begin your trek. If you are looking for a bit more challenge to your biking adventure check out the the park’s mountain bike trails.
Want more ideas for family fun in Door County? Visit the Door County Visitor Bureau. And be sure to reserve your suite at the High Point Inn. Contact us today! Call 800-595-6894, 920-854-9773 or send us an email at email@example.com.