The snow is slowly settling back onto the frozen fields of the Door County landscape. Unfortunately the accumulation is still not enough to get snowmobilers and cross country skiers back on the trail, but on the bright side it IS enough to add to the winter scenery. Even with a lack of snow the beauty of the door peninsula remains; the trees and fields are touched with white and the ice and snow have created formations along the shores of Lake Michigan.
Here are some ideas from High Point Inn on what to do when skiing, sledding and snowmobiling are not an option.
1) Go for a hike in one of our beautiful state parks! Put on a pair of warm boots and enjoy the trails even if it’s not on a pair of cross country skis.
2) Attend one of the shows at the Door Community Auditorium. They have a series of Fireside Coffeehouse concerts and a Souper Movies series that just requires canned food donations to get in.
3) Visit a winery or two. The wineries offer great selection and a pleasant way to warm up on a cold winters day. Stones Throw Winery even offers chocolate and wine pairing.
4) Create your own art! Make a fun stop at Hands on Art Studio and make your own Door County inspired artwork.
5) RELAX! The beauty of Door County at this time of year is that it is quiet and peaceful. Let relaxation soak in while sitting in front of a warm fireplace, reading a book, sipping a glass of wine or soaking in the whirlpool.
With the snow slowly returning make sure to keep an eye on the ski trail conditions at http://winterindoorcounty.com/! We could be back on the trails soon!